What is Case Scoring?
Case scoring is the method involved with positioning Cases for prioritization. The score can be founded on numerous variables, which we’ll investigate soon, yet we should stroll through an essential situation. All-inclusive Containers has a case scoring framework that focuses on “Golden” clients over other help levels.
They utilize a combination of Account Type and Case Age to score the cases. This intends that assuming that two Cases come in simultaneously, one for a Golden record and one for a typical one, then, at that point, the Case for the Golden record will be scored higher and focused on first. This doesn’t mean Golden record Cases are consistently top on the need list. On the off chance that a Case for an ordinary client has been open for an excessive number of days, then it will likewise be focused on higher to guarantee all clients have their necessities met inside a sensible period.
How does case scoring be helpful?
Case scoring can be an extraordinary method for assisting your client with overhauling specialists’ focus on work. At the point when a specialist signs into Salesforce, they typically go to their Case line quickly to see what should be finished. On the off chance that they have a convenient score on each Case, they can sort their line by the Case score and work from the most noteworthy scored case to the least. This spotless and direct approach to sorting out work allows clients to support specialists center around the main thing, helping clients.
Specific factors for Case Scoring
The specific factors that feed the Case score will differ for each client support association, yet they reflect the elements attached to SLAs and KPIs. Here is a typical interesting point.
- Priority— This one might be a little self-evident, however, the Case need is an extraordinary variable to consider while seeing the Case score. Higher need Cases mean higher scores, so specialists get to the high need things first.
- Type of Customer— Like the Universal Containers model, the client type could influence what level of help a client gets. In some cases, this extraordinary consideration depends on the idea of the client relationship (accomplice, and so on), a legally binding understanding (canvassed more in the following variable), in general, enjoyment with the association or residency/length of the relationship with the client.
- Type of Support Contract— The case score may also consider the support contract that a customer has signed. On the off chance that your association utilizes Contracts or potentially Entitlements in Salesforce, this could be a decent variable to consider in Case scoring. On the off chance that a client pays for premium help, for instance, their Cases might be focused on before others.
- Time with Support— It’s extremely normal for associations to zero in on “First Response Time” (FRT) and “Time to Resolve” (TTR). These two measurements are significant, yet they don’t give a total picture and can prompt negative ways of behaving developing among your administration specialists. At the point when the underlying reaction time and an opportunity to close a Case are the fundamental concentration, specialists sometimes hurry to give an underlying reaction and afterward disregard the Case or rush the Case to a fast conclusion, without appropriately resolving the client’s concerns.
- Flagged Case— Case Flags is a managed package fabricated locally on the Salesforce stage. It gives client support specialists a variety of coded banners that are visual signs of which cases need their consideration. “Case Flags themselves could go about as your Case score (various banners mean higher need), or you can utilize banners alongside different elements to decide a definitive need of Cases.
Scoring the cases
- Formula Field
If you simply have to allude to fields working on this issue itself or related records, similar to the Account, then you can typically pull off a basic equation field. Utilizing IF() and CASE() capabilities, you can allocate various scores to various fields and values. This example formula calculates a Case score based on the priority, whether the connected record is a Golden record, and whether the Case Flags banner has been set.
Flows are the eventual fate of Salesforce explanatory mechanization and throughout recent years, Salesforce has added a lot of improvements to flows. They can deal with substantially more complicated rationale contrasted with their ancestors, Workflow Rules and Process Builders. On the off chance that you’re still new to Flow, our Introduction to Salesforce Flow article is an extraordinary spot to begin, and Trailhead has an incredible inside and out the module on the most proficient method to construct a Flow.
For this example flow, we want to check the following criteria:
- Account Type;
- Case Priority;
- Related service contracts under the Account.
- Apex Trigger
There is likewise the choice of an Apex Trigger to set the Case Score in a ‘before saving trigger’.
The logic would be like the means of a Flow, just finished in Apex. On the off chance that your business rationale for Case scoring is intricate, or on the other hand, assuming you as of now have a lot of robotization working on its object and are worried about the presentation of a Flow, you might need to explore Apex.